I am committed to safeguarding your privacy. I am also working to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Data Protection Principles
I promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. I always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. I will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- My Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. I only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. I will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- I will do my best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- I will do my best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data I gather
Information you have provided me with
This might be your e-mail address, name, website, etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with me. I save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your IP address and affiliate links you click on. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you look at the contents of my website, your activities may be logged.
Publicly available information
I might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How I use your Personal Data
I use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide services for you. This includes for example communicating and interacting with you and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your website experience;
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract
With your consent I Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and offers
- for other purposes I have asked your consent for;
I Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. I reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. I will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized.
Who else can access your Personal Data
I do not share your personal data. However, some links on my site may collect data that is shared between my site and my affiliate partners. I strive to work with partners who are also GDPR compliant.
How I secure your data
I do my best to keep your Personal Data safe. I use safe protocols for communication and transferring data.
Even though I try my best I can not guarantee the security of information. However, I promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. I will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. I will do everything I reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
I do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. This blog does not target children.
Cookies and other technologies I use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only I can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using my site more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of my website.
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Last modification was made May 24, 2018.